Well, I’ll bet you haven’t heard the liberal media or any of the anti-gun groups talking about this report… The wouldn’t dare because it exposes everything they have been telling people as a LIE!
The report evaluates Active Shooter Incidents in 2016 and 2017 and supplements two previous reports since they started tracking Active Shooter Incidents. The first report covered the years 2000 to 2013 and the second covered the years 2014 and 2015.
The report is straightforward and honest leaving out all the junk the liberals like to toss in their statistics like drug and gang-related shootings as well as accidental discharges. When the liberals tell people that there have been 22 school shootings this year, for example, they include things like someone shooting themselves in their foot while showing someone their firearm at 2 a.m or a gang-related shooting that happened in the middle of the night that happened on school property after someone was chased on to school property.
For the purposes of this report, the FBI defines an Active Shooter Incident as follows:
“An Active Shooter Incident involves one or more individuals actively engaged in killing or attempting to kill people in a populated area.”
Implicit in that definition is the shooter’s use of one or more firearms and it also implies that both law enforcement and citizens have the potential to affect the outcome of the event based upon their responses to the situation.
The report details some numbers gathered on the incidents they reviewed as follows:
- There were 50 active shooter incidents in 21 states.
- A total of 221 people were killed and 72 injured. (This does not include the shooters)
- There were 13 Law Enforcement Officers Killed and 20 wounded.
- 14 of the 50 incidents ended with an exchange of gunfire with law enforcement.
- 3 of the 50 active shooters were wearing body armor.
- 13 shooters committed suicide.
- 11 shooters were killed by police.
- 8 shooters were stopped by private citizens.
- 18 shooters were taken into custody by police.
The number of casualties increased substantially from the 2014-2015 report because three of the largest Active Shooter Incidents in history occurred during the 2016-2017 report. Those incidents are as follows:
- The Route 91 Harvest Festival in Las Vegas Nevada in 2017 resulted in 58 deaths and 489 people were wounded.
- The 2016 Pulse Nightclub shooting in Orlando, Florida resulted in 49 deaths and 53 people were wounded.
- The 2017 shooting in Sutherland Springs, Texas at the First Baptist Church resulted in 26 deaths and 20 people were wounded.
The largest number of police deaths and injuries occurred during a protest in Dallas Texas. The protest had been a peaceful protest against the number of nationwide Officer-involved shootings and as the protest was winding down a sniper opened fire on the police. By the time the police neutralized the threat by attaching a bomb to a robot and detonating it near the sniper, there were 5 police officers dead and another 9 had been wounded.
Two of the Active Shooter Incidents were disrupted by Private Security Officers. In one of those incidents, two non-sworn security personnel engaged the shooter and exchanged gunfire with the shooter. This caused the shooter to flee the scene and he was arrested by the police a short time later at another location.
In the other incident stopped by Private Security, an unarmed security guard was seriously wounded while struggling with a shooter who entered the University of Cincinnati Medical Center’s emergency psychiatric services department and opened fire. He was unsuccessful at disarming the shooter but was able to flee the scene and alert an off-duty Police Officer working nearby. The cowardly shooter committed suicide as other police began to arrive on the scene.
In addition to police and security personnel engaging Active Shooters, they also evaluated those in which civilians engaged an Active Shooter and the results are not bad at all.
There were ten incidents during the time frame of this study in which your everyday citizen confronted the Active Shooter. In eight of those incidents, one or more citizens safely and successfully acted to bring the shooting to an end.
Four of the ten incidents involved unarmed citizens that stopped the shooter as follows:
- At approximately 7:35 a.m. a 17-year-old student at West Liberty-Salem High School in Ohio opened fire hitting a 16-year-old Junior multiple times with a shotgun. The incident ended quickly because staff members were able to subdue the shooter and pin him to the ground until police arrived.
- At approximately 10:30 a.m. a student at Freeman High School in Spokane, Washington entered the school with two weapons. The first weapon the student tried to start shooting with jammed, so he pulled out his second weapon and shot another student dead who courageously attempted to confront him. After the student was shot, a school district employee on the scene managed to subdue the shooter.
- A citizen spotted a man firing into the front of a Dollar General Store in Cheektowaga, New York and used his car to run down and strike the shooter. The police arrived and were able to arrest the shooter.
- In Baltimore, Maryland a citizen persuaded a shooter to surrender during a car chase. The citizen was the shooter’s girlfriend who was talking to him on the phone while the police were chasing him. The shooter arrived at the girlfriend’s location and she ran up to the car and pulled him out of the driver’s enabling the police to take him into custody without further incident.
In another four of the ten incidents in which citizens confronted the Active Shooter, the citizens were armed and the incidents ended as follows:
- One of these incidents is number three on the largest in history and that is the massacre that took place at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas. When a man living near the church heard the shooting, he grabbed his AR-15 and engaged the shooter. The armed citizen was on foot, literally, he was barefoot and when the shooter jumped in his vehicle and took off, the armed citizen flagged down another citizen passing by and they pursued the shooter and notified the police. The shooter ran off the road and the armed citizen maintained cover on the vehicle until the police arrived and took over.
- On November 24, 2017, a 28-year-old man in Rockledge, Florida wandered onto the property of an auto repair shop and opened fire with a .45-caliber handgun. The manager who was a concealed weapon permit holder came out of the building and exchanged gunfire with the shooter. When he ran out of ammunition, the Active Shooter who was loaded with ammunition chased him back inside the building, but there was another employee inside who also had a concealed weapon permit and he engaged the shooter striking him twice.
- In the other two incidents, the citizens held the shooters at gunpoint until the police arrived and took control.
What really eats at the anti-gun liberals is the conclusion of the FBI Active Shooter Incident Report. The report ends with the following Sentence:
“The enhanced threat posed by active shooters and the swiftness with which active shooter incidents unfold support the importance of preparation by law enforcement officers and citizens alike.”
OUCH!… Did you absorb that? “the importance of preparation by law enforcement officers and CITIZENS alike.” Tell me that doesn’t piss off the liberals… LOL