Some news outlets will grasp at any story that might put President Donald Trump in a bad light, even if there is a good chance it is not true. CNN, dubbed “fake news” by the president, is one such outlet. This week, true to their reputation in that regard, the media giant published a story that no one else has touched so far.
The tale goes that the former doorman at Trump Tower knew of a relationship The Donald had with his housekeeper that resulted in an illegitimate child. Say what you want about Donald Trump, but so far in his exploits, none of those have popped up. The story continues that this man, Dino Sajudin, entered into a contract with the parent company of the National Enquirer for exclusivity. Supposedly, he’s been released from it.
On Friday, Marc Held — the attorney for Dino Sajudin, the former doorman — said his client had been released from his contract with AMI, the parent company of the National Enquirer, “recently” after back-and-forth discussions with AMI.
CNN has exclusively obtained a copy of the “source agreement” between Sajudin and AMI, which is owned by David Pecker.
The contract appears to have been signed on Nov. 15, 2015, and states that AMI has exclusive rights to Sajudin’s story but does not mention the details of the story itself beyond saying, “Source shall provide AMI with information regarding Donald Trump’s illegitimate child…”
The contract states that “AMI will not owe Source any compensation if AMI does not publish the Exclusive…” and the top of the agreement shows that Sajudin could receive a sum of $30,000 “payable upon publication as set forth below.”
So, about a year before the 2016 presidential election, when all the mudslinging and personal dirt on all presidential candidates were being dug up, the National Enquirer, scandal rag of the ages, buys exclusive rights to what would be considered the dirt story of the century, and then doesn’t run it?
Huh. Imagine that. Of course, the publisher is a good friend of President Trump’s, so who knows what the motivation is there. However, the reason we’ve not heard about this before now anywhere else is that Sajudin would have had to pay AMI a million bucks if he talked. Now that that restriction is removed, he’s peddling the story.
And only CNN, home of fake news, is biting.
“Mr. Sajudin has been unable to discuss the circumstances regarding his deal with American Media Inc. and the story that he sold to them, due to a significant financial penalty,” Held told CNN. “Just recently, AMI released Mr. Sajudin from the terms of his agreement and he is now able to speak about his personal experience with them, as well as his story, which is now known to be one of the ‘catch and kill’ pieces. Mr. Sajudin hopes the truth will come out in the very near future.”